Blog Archive

Sunday, July 24, 2011

HOT Walgreen's Trip 7-24

I have had to scale back my coupon shopping trips a bit and really try to get things as close to free as possible because money is tight during the summer when I am not getting financial aid to help us out. We took a family trip to Walgreen's today and it went smoothly and we saved 71%. Overall shelf cost for this trip would have been approximately $58.63 and out of pocket I only paid $16.96. Let me give the break down for ya!


I split this trip into three transactions, but before I get into detail about the specific transactions I wanted to let you in on my secret to setting up my shopping trips. I finally have a system that makes it easy for me to decide what to buy and work until I get the lowest OOP I can. Flashcards! That has been my savior. I go through my favorite matchup blogs and decide which deals I want for my trip and print the list. Then I make some small flashcards. I put the product, OOP, and RR if there are any. Then I lay them out and arrange them until I get the best costs I can find. This has really helped me see the difference when you use multiple transactions and roll your RR.


Now to the nitty gritty:

Transaction #1



Scunci 18 ct on sale 2/$3.00 with $3.00 RR.

I bought 2 and they were basically FREE.

OOP(excluding tax):$3.00 RR received:$3.00


Transaction #2



Irish Spring Body Wash and Deodorant on sale 2/$6.00 with $4.00RR.

There were many sites that said there was a coupon in todays paper, but I couldn't find it. These still were a pretty good deal.

Crest 3D White Toothpaste on sale 2/$4.98 with $3.00RR.

There were quite a few coupons you could use with this deal, but I had two $.75/1 toothpaste coupons.

Scotch Brand Magic Tape $1.99 BOGO Free.

I bought 4 of these and had 4 $1.00/1 coupons making these FREE.

OOP(excluding tax using $3.00RR from Transaction #1):$6.46 RR received: $3.00 and $4.00

Transaction #3



HOT DEAL: I hadn't seen this anywhere on a blog yet, so I want to share. I had a coupon for buy one Old Spice Fresh product get a free Body spray. I think it came from the last P&G insert, but I am not 100% sure. There was no verbage about price being less or excludes trial size. I found the Old Spice Fresh Trial Deodorant for $.99 and got the Old Spice Fresh Body Spray $4.99 for FREE!!

Huggies wipes on sale for $2.49.

There was a coupon in the July WAGS coupon book for $1.00/1 and I had manufacturer coupons for $.50/1 that I stacked so I got them for $.99. I bought 2.

Gain Powder Laundry Detergent 40 load on sale for $4.99

I bought 2 of these and used 2 $2.00/1 making them $2.99 each.

Hunts Tomato Sauce were $.99 original price, in ad coupon $.33 limit 3. I bought 3.

Mini Composition Notebooks were $.49 original price, in ad coupon for $.19 limit 3. I bought 3.

Barbasol Shaving Creme was $1.79 original price, in ad coupon $.99. I bought 1.

My daughter had to have gum and Orbits was on sale 3/$2.00 so we got 3.

My husband needed Chapstick and got it on sale for $.99.

OOP (excluding tax using $3.00 and $4.00 RR from Transaction #2) $7.50 No RR received.

This was by far my best trip to Walgreens and would have been better if I hadn't given in to my hubby on a couple items and my daughter as well. Very successful trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion? Feel free to enter it here.