Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Short Walgreen's trip 8-6

So, I didn't have a huge trip, again pinching pennies since my husband lost his job. On the bright side however, he just got a job that pays better than the last one. Hopefully this means I can get to working on my stockpiles soon. My son was terribly sick all weekend long. I only had a few minutes to sneak away and unfortunately one of the big products that I wanted was already gone. I was very disappointed with the local Walgreen's. It only stocked about six bottles of the Keri lotion that is the moneymaker of the week. The cashier told me it is a new product and they don't have it fully stocked yet. Not fully stocked with a sale like that...not good planning. Our local Walgreen's has limited purchases because of shelf clearing which works out well for me since I am not always able to jump up at the butt crack of dawn to go to Walgreens. I did pretty well for a late evening shopping trip so here it is.

Three transactions this time. Rolling those Register Rewards. First transaction was the free Listerine Smart Kids Rinse. On sale for $3.00 minus a $1.00/1 coupons making it $2.00 and then $2.00 RR back. I also bought a Resolve Carpet cleaner that was on sale for $4.99 - $.75/1 and again $2.00RR back.

Total it up and the transaction was $6.24 before tax and I got $4.00 in RR back

Second transaction was the 4/$15.00 on TRESemme products. I bought 2 shampoo, a conditioner, and a gel. I used four $1.00/1 coupons lowering the OOP down to 4/$11.00 and I got $5.00 RR back on these making them essentially 4/$6.00. These are the liter size too. I also picked up a reusable lunch bag for $2.00 and used a caramel for filler.
Total it up and the transaction was $13.39 - $4.00RR and I paid $9.39 before tax.

Final transaction was filled with a few different items that I had coupons for. Ziploc sandwich bags 120ct were on sale 2/$4.00 and I had a $1.00/2 coupon for those, Palmolive 10oz dish soap on sale with in ad coupon for $.89 with a $.25/1 coupon was $.64, Purex laundry detergent on sale for $1.99 with a coupon for $.50 off each one, I bought 2, and used a caramel for filler.

Total it up and the transaction was $7.01 minus $5.00RR made total $2.01 before tax.

Total of all three transactions was OOP $17.64. Total savings $39.93. I saved 69% on this shopping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion? Feel free to enter it here.